Happy 25th Anniversary to Blue's Clues & Hello Again to Steve!


It was a pleasant and nostalgic surprise to learn that it was the 25th anniversary for Blue's Clues. And most of all, Steve came back! I was quite young at the time when I watched the show, but I loved it because it had a doggy, a mystery, and you were given the chance to solve it yourself and be part of the show. It had fun characters and songs that were short but memorable. And the best part was the host, Steve. 

But one day, I turned the TV on and Steve wasn't on the show anymore. It was shocking, disappointing and confusing since they never played the episodes in order. Suddenly, someone named Joe was there and Steve was not. I never knew what happened because I never saw the final episode of him going off  to college. I think I tried to watch a few episodes with Joe and my parents guessed that Joe was maybe Steve's cousin. I tried to watch the episodes with Joe, but it wasn't the same. And so, I stopped watching. 

At school, some of my classmates also watched Blue's Clues, and there were rumors about why Steve left. But eventually, I moved on and never thought to go looking on the internet about Steve or the last episode when it became a bigger part of people's lives as it is today. But I never forgot about the show; in fact, I had a Blue stuffed animal for most of my childhood. And I never forgot Steve because, while Blue was the star, Steve made the show for me. I couldn't have one without the other.

Seeing Steve's message was touching, and reminded me of the fun I had watching it as a kid.  I cried a lot at his words and at the change in his appearance, which made me think of my own appearance and all the time that has passed. I'm glad to know that he's still around and, the best part, that he never forgot us. 

I found Steven Colbert's show with Steve briefly appearing:


Then I found Steve's last episode on Youtube and cried while watching it. 







Then I found the official announcement and the music video Steve, Joe and Josh did together, and I cried over that as well with the adults holding their pictures of when they watched Blue's Clues. I didn't even know they did a reboot for the show with a third host!



And then it hit me.

This bittersweet walk down memory lane reminded me of something that I do now. I watch ASMR videos, especially storytelling channels such as Tinglesmith ASMR and Whisperwind ASMR.  And the format is JUST LIKE BLUE'S CLUES!!! 

In both Blue's Clues and ASMR roleplay videos, you have a real person talking directly to you and pausing for you to answer. Certain ASMR channels immerse you into a story where you are the protagonist. The host of the video, oftentimes, says positive affirmations, just like the hosts on Blue's Clues

I never realized this when I started watching ASMR roleplays. No wonder I enjoy it so much!  It's nice having a piece of a puzzle that you didn't know existed suddenly click into place. 

So, thank you, Steve, for coming back to the show and letting us see you again! You had an impact on so many people. 


Behind the Scenes











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Scratching My Head After Reading The Clockmaker's Daughter

The Enchanting Tale of the House of Salt and Sorrows

Take a Road Trip through Ireland with Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch