The Origin of The Red Wolf and Its Teachings

 



Why a Red Wolf: The Origin Story

My blog came about for a college course. It developed over time as I figured out how to be a blogger and narrowed down what I wanted to write about. For me, naming something is difficult, whether it's a story or stuffed animal (hey, it's a big decision!). But naming my blog without really knowing the content it would contain, I decided it had to be a general name. And privacy was my main issue, so I thought, "I love red and I love wolves, so 'Red Wolf.'" It would become my name.

In one of my drawing courses, my teacher spent several classes discussing the concept of space. A blog is a personal space for the writer, so I looked through words for describing a space. "Room" won out because it starts with the letter "R" to match "Red."

So, that's the story of "Red Wolf's Room." I recently thought to look into the significance of a red wolf since that color of wolf actually does exist. Looking into the types of goddesses and gods for Beltane, I had come across animals that represented or was associated to them. It made me think about the symbol I had chosen to represent me and my own work.


Photo by Margot Noyelle on Unsplash



Significance of the Red Wolf

According to Bellesprit, the Native Americans hold the wolf in the highest regard as spiritual teachers in the kingdom. There are different colors of the wolf to signify a different type of knowledge and energy. 

The Red Wolf is said to be a keeper of the earth and nature in general. Its focus is on communication, both physical and spiritual with nature. The Red Wolf is a teacher for oral and physical communication. It can also help with deciphering types of communication. 

"Red Wolf" an apt name for a blog, then!

Crystal Wind, another website, corroborates the connection of the Red Wolf to being a teacher. They say that a wolf is at the gate of each wind, with the Red Wolf positioned at the Southern Gate. Unexpected change surrounds the Red Wolf and its instinctual decision-making leads it to where it needs to be.

The website continues to list the qualities of the Red Wolf:
  • Compassion: One who has the soul of the Red Wolf is usually in a healing profession. True compassion comes with the wisdom of knowing when to help and when to keep your distance; it's all about measuring the right amount of compassion for each situation.
  •  Innocence: The Red Wolf has the trust and belief that they will have what they need and things will work out. This can be a belief and trust that friends will be there when they are needed. The role of teacher comes into play by demonstrating the humbleness of innocence through the Red Wolf's wisdom and knowledge. Returning to innocence is the same as returning to one's own Self, but with belief that all will be as it should.

Because the Red Wolf embodies unexpected change, its other lesson includes life, death and rebirth, in other words, transformation. The Red Wolf is connected to the element of fire, a symbol of transformation.

The south wind is seen as a wind of good fortune and potential. The south wind brings enlightenment, optimism and awareness. It teaches us that we can achieve our aspirations and dreams. It's also warm, which connects it to the element of fire. Fire represents creativity, passion, determination and motivation.

It seems I need to call upon the Red Wolf now as I work on my freelancing business and get it off the ground. 




Is there an animal you identify with? What story does it tell about you?

Services

Need an editor, beta reader or book reviewer for your novel or short story? Check out my website to learn more about my services or email me about your project at smurphy.writer1@gmail.com!

Comments

Equinox_Eve said…
It's nice to discover how you picked your name :) Definitely the crow for me.

"Crows symbolize transformation and change. They are watchful creatures that have a sharp and powerful foresight. You can tap into the potent power of this bird to transform the bad into foresight or something useful."
The Red Wolf said…
Hi Eve! The crow is one of the more popular ones, like wolves. That's cool that both of our animals are associated with change! Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

Still Scratching My Head After Reading The Clockmaker's Daughter

The Enchanting Tale of the House of Salt and Sorrows

Take a Road Trip through Ireland with Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch