A Spur-of-the-Moment Poem

 

What Am I Supposed to Do?

 

I wanna talk,

But the words won’t leave.

I wanna cry,

But the pain is too deep.

 

I wanna hear your voice,

But I know what you’ll say.

I wanna be your friend,

But you’re too far away.

 

What am I supposed to do,

By myself, behind the veil?

What am I supposed to do,

When no one knows I fail?

 

I don’t have the strength

To say what I need.

I don’t have the will

To follow this life I lead.

 

The emotions bubble up

From feelings ignored.

No one can help me

Find motivation when I’m bored.

 

The job is a fair one,

So, shut up and do it.

I choke on my words,

Not wanting to quit.

 

What am I supposed to do?

I don’t know where I am.

I’ve lost the ability to rest.

How can I get out of this jam?

 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think we've all been here. This poem resonates with me. Well written.
The Red Wolf said…
Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you could relate to it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Still Scratching My Head After Reading The Clockmaker's Daughter

The Enchanting Tale of the House of Salt and Sorrows

Take a Road Trip through Ireland with Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch