About Me

My photo
I am a writer and dreamer, currently working on blogs and a book series.

Sunday, 28 July 2013

A Version of Ourself

I'm sure we have all done it at one time or another.  We're bored and wonder, "What if I type my name into Google?"  Well, I have done that and along with finding my own work, I find many different lives with my name on them.  It's a little strange seeing your own name on a website with the lettering in a font you just don't like.  But it's not your version of your name; it's someone else's.  It's as if you are everything under the sun: a singer/songwriter, a scientist, a writer, a teacher...  
It is a little depressing that your name is already known, but the good news is that it isn't known for your work.  Well, not yet anyway.  But one day it will be known.  One day.  One faithful day... and you can always change your name, right David Bowie?  Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

No comments: