About Me

My photo
I am a writer and dreamer, currently working on blogs and a book series.

Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Summer

Hello everyone!  Happy summer!   The pressure of school is now a thing of the past yet the pressure of job hunting is on!  Booooooooo! 
Anyways, have any of you read the book "Ophelia" by Lisa Klein?  I've just started it and am madly in love with it.  I fell in love with Shakespeare's Hamlet and now I'm trying to get my hands on anything related to the story.  I've said in other blogs and on my Celebrity page that I loved David's Tennant's portrayal of Hamlet.  I saw parts of Kevin Klein's portrayal and that of Richard Burton, but Tennant had the most powerful performance.  He's a good Doctor Who, too, though I shall always prefer Christopher Eccleston because I saw his performance first.
Also, I finally saw an episode of the new Sherlock Holmes series featuring Benedict Cumberbatch.  I say, at the beginning of the Hound of the Baskervilles episode, he acted a lot like Jeremy Brett which I was happy about.  The intro, unfortunately, was nothing special.  And I do find it weird that the Victorian characters of Holmes and Watson are set in our modern technological time with internet blogs and cell phones and texts.  A question to anyone who has seen this episode: Would the book version of Holmes have put Watson through the experiment where he was trapped in the lab and thought the Hound was in the room with him?  It did seem like the original Holmes wasn't THAT mean to Watson as the T.V. version is.  But that's just my opinion.

Hope to talk to soon.  L8er!

No comments: