About Me

My photo
I am a writer and dreamer, currently working on blogs and a book series.

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

My Dear Holmes

The Great Sherlock Holmes is such a distinguished character much like Hercule Poirot, Miss Marple, Magnum and Sam Spade, Nancy Drew....the list goes on!!!  The "pursuit for...the truth continues"; it is never ending.  There was an episode of Holmes on Homes where Mike Holmes did a fantastic job (big surprise), of fixing this elderly couple's house and they gave him, I believe, one or two volumes of the complete works of Sherlock Holmes because they felt he possessed some of the same qualities.  That was my favorite episode.
 Copyright: http://suburbanbanshee.net/holmes/logo.jpg

There is a cartoon called "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century" and I must say, it's quite good.  The voice for Holmes, (Jason Gray-Standford), does a lovely British accent.  What's funny is that the Chief Inspector Lestrade is a woman, the ancestor to the Lestrade Holmes knew in the 1800s.  Power to the Woman!!!
Jeremy Brett is, in my opinion, the definitive Sherlock Holmes.  R.I.P. Jeremy Brett.

Copyright: https://www.spotlight.com/hallfame/portraits/jeremy_brett.jpg

I've only seen the trailers for the Robert Downey Jr. version and I have to say that I don't like it.  Holmes was not like that in the books.  Anyways, that's only me. He is a good actor as well as Jude Law.

No comments: