About Me

My photo
I am a writer and dreamer, currently working on blogs and a book series.

Friday, 16 December 2011

Music For The Soul

Have any of you heard of the band Godsmack?  They do a lot of heavy metal songs.  I've heard Moon Baby which is one of their slower songs; very hypnotic. The song Whatever is perfect to listen to when you've had enough of people.  I Stand Alone is pretty heavy metal but then at the end it becomes lighter.  
The lead singer, Sully Erna, made his first solo album recently called Avalon and I am in love with two of the songs so far: Avalon and In Through Time7 Years reminds us that life is fleeting and nothing "but the memories we've created".  The album is mystrious and spiritual.  The instruments used like tambourines, drums, (not the ones on a set; the ones you hit with your hands), sound so Middle Eastern.  I recommend this album.  He's a good singer.  Check out his website: http://sullyerna.com/
Godsmack is a good band.  It's funny because I used to think it was pronounced 'Gobsmack' like the British term for being surprised.  Even on the computer, my mind would switch the 'd' to a 'b'.  Ah, live 'n' learn.

Copyright: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CFrDlB7YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No comments: