About Me

My photo
I am a writer and dreamer, currently working on blogs and a book series.

Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Mark Twain

Today is Mark Twain's (Samuel Clemens) 176th birthday!  That's a lot of birthdays.  Google is honoring Twain by using Tom Sawyer in their image.  I haven't read very much of his work, but there's one quote that I love.  "Be careful about reading health books.  You may die of a misprint".  Too true.  

Shakespeare is one of my favorite authors along with Mildred W. Benson, (she's one of the people who wrote the Nancy Drew books back in the thirties).  Edward Stratemeyer is the one who came up with the idea of Nancy Drew.  In the book Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her by Melanie Rehak, you really learn so much about a character who has been in Pop culture for decades.  I highly recommend this!  It's a great read.

Copyright: http://i43.tower.com/images/mm100608425/girl-sleuth-nancy-drew-women-who-created-her-melanie-rehak-paperback-cover-art.jpg

P.S. Why doesn't anyone comment?
    

No comments: