About Me

My photo
I am a writer and dreamer, currently working on blogs and a book series.

Monday, 14 November 2011

And So It Begins...

I have only read one person's blog, (Arglefumph's), almost everyday and ever since then, I have always wanted to have my own.  Today's the day, at long last!  But what to write about?  Isn't it always hard to think of something when the topic can be ANYTHING?  I guess I'll start with celebrities :) 

I recently purchased a nice poster of the Tenth Doctor, David Tennant.  I loved his performance as Hamlet.  I think that's the only reason why I fell in love with the story.   I loved analyzing it in my class.  I had never realized the various sets of 'doubles' that exist within it: Hamlet and Fortinbras' fathers were both killed, they are both Princes, yet Hamlet is the thinker when it comes to avenging his father whereas Fortinbras is a man of action...etc, etc. 

As much as I love David Tennant, I admit that my number one Celebrity Hearthrob is the one and only Wolverine!  Er- I mean, Hugh Jackman.  For the Oscars, they said Eddie Murphy was going to be the host, but he turned down the job.  Hugh Jackman, unfortunately, won't have time to do it because he's back on Broadway, and doing a millions other things.  At least, that's what's been said thus far. 

Anthony Stewart Head is another one of my favorite celebrities.  Not only is he a brilliant actor, (he played Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer), but he sings so well!  I loved him singing "Behind Blues Eyes" and "Sweet Transvestite" in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  I never saw Repo!  The Genetic Opera and I don't intend to due to its goriness.  However, I heard Anthony Head sing "Legal Assassin" and found it powerful.

Jeremy Brett, the Definitive Sherlock Holmes, is also a beautiful singer.  I found a video of him singing on Twiggy's show back in the seventies.  What a voice!  It's makes you cry when you think that he's passed away.  I encourage you to listen.  Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrMBdQm9P10&feature=related

Well, I think I've said enough on celebrities.  

"Life is like a cup of tea; it's all in how you make it" - Irish Insight
Cheers! 


No comments: